Become a Clinical Academic Group
Clinicians and translational researchers are now invited to apply to establish a Sydney Health Partners Clinical Academic Group.
Why Become a CAG?
Benefits of becoming a CAG:
- Opportunities for greater collaboration in research translation and visibility across the Partnership
- Engagement with SHP’s Local Health Districts and Specialty Network Partner, the University of Sydney and eleven Medical Research Institutes (MRIs)
Support for the new CAGs will include:
- Base funding of $35,000 per CAG per year with potential additional funding of up to $15,000 to support extension activities, for a total of up to $50,000 per CAG
- An opportunity to apply for competitive project funding from a $200,000 pool provided through the Medical Research Future Fund.
- Approximately $40,000 of in-kind support, including proportionate support for project management, communications, and SHP education and training activities
- Promotion of the CAG’s activities in SHP Board communications and SHP public communications
- Access to SHP expertise, consultation, and tools for enabling research
Eligibility and How to Apply
To be eligible for selection as a SHP CAG, the application should fulfill the following criteria:
- One CAG Chair, appointed at one of the SHP Founding Partners, should be named on the application to lead and serve as a spokesperson for the CAG,
- Up to ten team members may be named on the application for the Leadership Team.
- The team must have the capacity to establish a work program of value to the health system, and in alignment with SHP’s operational priorities and CAG objectives.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate that they can deliver the operational priorities of SHP and have the capacity to drive research translation into the health services.
For full eligibility and selection criteria, please refer to the CAG Application Guidelines - with extended deadline (pdf) document. Please also read the Frequently Asked Questions - revised 20/09/21 (pdf) for more information.
How to Apply
Complete all sections (A-K) of the CAG Application Form (docx) and email the completed form to Andria Ratchford (email@example.com) by 5pm on Monday 11 October. Applications will be acknowledged by email.