Consumer and Community Involvement in clinical trials: Practical strategies and lessons learned
Consumer and community involvement (CCI) is fast moving from nice to have, to must have.
And while there is growing recognition of the value of genuine and meaningful engagement of consumers and the community in clinical trials, some researchers are unsure how or where to start.
In 2021, Monash Partners Academic Health Science Centre and Sydney Health Partners hosted an informative webinar - Consumer and Community Involvement in clinical trials: Practical strategies and lessons learned.
Watch the Webinar
Presentations included consumers, researchers, clinicians and industry partners and covered:
- why CCI is not “just a tick box”
- CCI in the life of a clinical trial
- frameworks and resources for practical application
- an industry perspective on empowering consumer involvement in clinical trials.
- Dr Anthony Brown, CEO, Health Consumers NSW
- Ms Leonie Young, ANZUP Consumer Advisory Panel
- Mr Ben Horgan, Consumer and Community Involvement Coordinator, WA Health Translation Network
- Mr Heath Badger, COO, Breast Cancer Trials Group
- Ms Nicola Straiton, Project and Engagement Manager, Australian Clinical Trials
- Professor Warwick Britton AO, FAHMS, Research Director, Sydney Local Health District and RPAH
- Dr Lisa Higgins, Senior Research Fellow, ANZIC-RC
- Mr Peter Murphy, Country Head of Communications & Patient Engagement, Novartis, Australia and New Zealand
- Professor Helena Teede AM, Executive Director, Monash Partners Academic Health Science Centre